Initial idea -sketching

In this post, I decided to draw sketched my ideas wood- ceramics candle holder. My main aim it represent my design how it will be looks. First, I started from ceramics, this is my development idea, my inspiration came designer Jennifer McCurdy. Moreover, I still thinking about lid by candle, and make them too from ceramic. The leaf become my main goal to achieve ceramics, also the shape of my whole finish work will be flowers. 

Then, I start working on design a stand for my ceramics and I want to make 3 different conceptions. My initial  step it is sketching ideas to visualise how it will be looks. My teacher brought wood from the park, which I cut in the wood shop and got on the 3completely different part of wood, and completely new shape. 

'CeramL'
Taking inspiration from the famous Primitivism artist David Nash, who made incredible thing from wood.  I am designing my project: it will consist of three parts, is stand make of wood,  no more 3 -4 cm thick, then I additionally sketches 2 round sticks which will be located between stand and main object of wood.  


'Radiance'
For my next project, I am planning using a piece of wood with diameter of around 12-15cm. Then cut out middle part, and create a small hole on the top. This hole will be the same diameter as the thickness of the main wood, which must be pass through hole .


'Earth glimmer'
Finally, my last project, the planning of this will the same as the first one, but the shape of the mane tree is different, it will be stand horizontally, and also different located the ceramics, it would be inside the tree. Furthermore, combine these nature materials wood and aesthetic art ceramics would be unique design. 


Comments

  1. Your ink and watercolour design sketches have worked beautifully. Excellent use of texture and mark making. There seems to be a lot of interesting aspects to your ideas around the wood encompassing the ceramics. You could experiment further with this in week 6

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts